Friday, May 2, 2014

No News is Not Always Good News

……and wait we did. She finally got an appointment with the oncologist on Wednesday, April 30th…2 ½ weeks after being told her cancer has progressed and given no additional information as to precise location, size, severity or anything!

Here’s how her appointment went:

“So, I went to see my oncologist Wednesday. After 3 hours I knew no more than I did when I got there. Saw the doctor for about 10 mins. Gave them my blood and was told to come back in 2 weeks. It was a very disappointing visit to say the least. I called Cancer Treatment Centers of America over the weekend. I will be going to their Chicago center next week. Rik and I will fly out of Dayton Thursday evening and return Tuesday evening. I'm really excited and impressed with the people I have talked to. Please pray that I can finally get some straight answers and a treatment plan. Pray also that I start feeling better. I have more to do than waste time sitting in my recliner feeling yucky. Still praising God for all He does for me and for all His blessings and mercy.”

At this point we still have no idea what is going on. She has not seen any images of the latest scan, she has still received no detailed information as to the progression of these tumors and only a “you will probably have to have more chemo” plan of action from the oncologist and told to come back in 2 weeks. How much time should we waste folks?! I am so glad she checked out the services offered by the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. In 2 days they had her flight arrangements & accommodations made and appointments set for the following week! I cannot wait to see what they can do for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment