Saturday, May 10, 2014

Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA-Chicago)

On Thursday, May 8th, Mom and Rik flew out to Chicago, IL to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Boy, do they sure make a great first impression!!

“Our flight to Chicago was great even with a couple delays. We got picked up by a limo and driven to a really nice hotel that is owned by Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA). I had my first appointments starting at 7am yesterday. Very informative. I was told a lot of things about my previous treatments that doctors at home had not told me. Like what had worked and what was not working. The $5,000 injections I get every month are not working. We have free days today and tomorrow. Monday the scans, MRI's and x-rays start. It looks like we may be here until Thursday or Friday. Right now I'm feeling pretty good. As long as I don't eat too much which is hard to do because the food is so good. We walked around the neighborhood and even picked up a few things at Dollar General yesterday. Had to get a few things that you can't put in a carryon. LOL! We are in Zion, IL. Got to see Christine Lindstrom Nealeigh and meet her very sweet mom yesterday. Thanks for the use of your car Chris. Does anyone need the hoodie you left in the back seat? Thanks for all the prayers and support everyone. I feel the arms of Jesus wrapped around me. Love to all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment