Monday, October 12, 2009

Brenda - Update 10/12/09

I was doing really Great...working out on the ab-lounge everyday, walking and riding (my) bicycle around town. Then God decided I needed another challenge in my life. About 4 weeks ago I got a really sharp, tearing like pain on the left side of my incision (from when they did the major surgery a year ago) when I tried to do a crunch on the ab-lounge. I was fine the day before when I did my reps on it. I have been hurting ever since. Saw the surgeon on 9/30, he ruled out a hernia...Praise the Lord for that !!!. He felt it was just a pulled muscle and told me to use Bengay, take Aleeve and get a stomach band. Hasn't helped yet. In fact, the band made the pain worse. I do not feel like it is a pulled muscle...that kind of pain does not last this long. I'm not scheduled to see to oncologist until Nov 7. I called the Oncologist office on Friday and told the medical assistant what was going on. Talked to the medical assistant again today and they are going to set me up for some more CT Scans of my chest and abdomin and then see the oncologist possibly sooner....depends on what the CT Scans show. I'm kinda of scared but I know God is still in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment