Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Brenda - Update 3/31/09

Dear All,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get this update out. I had the chemo embolization done last Wednesday. Everything went well. It took a little longer than expected because the radiologist had trouble feeding the line through the artery. But he finally got it. I was feeling really good Wednesday evening, but they decided to keep me over night so they could do liver function test on Thursday morning. All the test came back good. I started having pain at the insertion site but it wasn't too bad. Friday evening I was able to go the our church's women's Night on Encouragement although by the time I returned home I was exhausted and aching all over (even my skin hurt). The exhaustion and achiness lasted until last night when I finally took one of Rik's pain pills (mine weren't touching the pain I was feeling). I saw my surgeon yesterday morning. He even said I looked tired. He said the achiness and tiredness were all normal and could possibly last a couple weeks. So far this morning I'm feeling really good. My goal for today is to be able to attend my son's first track meet of the season.

Thanks to all of you for your contnued prayers. I know that God is in Control and I pray that I will be able to return to work on Monday April 6th.

In God's Loving Arms Always & Forever !!
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment