Monday, March 23, 2009

March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone !!!

I know it's been a while since my last update. "No news is good news" or so they say. There hasn't been much change until yesterday. I saw the oncologist yesterday for my followup after completing my 6 rounds of chemo therapy 3 weeks ago. I had been praying for good news....that the chemo worked and there was no more cancer. I guess God has other plans for me. Some of the smaller tumors shrank (Prais the Lord !), however, the larger tumor grew a couple of centimeters. The next course of action is Chemo Emmobilization. This is a procedure where the radiologist goes through the main artery of the liver and injects the chemo directly into the liver. The chemo then attacks the cancerous tumors on the liver. This is done as outpatient treatment and I may have to do it twice and then possibly more chemo therapy afterwards. There is a possiblity of liver failure with this procedure, but, the oncologist assured me that if that were to happen it would be temporary (possibly a few days for the liver to regenerate). She said I could be back to work 1 week after the procedure. Although this was yet another blow to me I am still confident that God is in control. He has His reasons for having me go through this battle. He will continue to be my strength as a battle this beast within me. I am not alone. He will not forsake me. Your continued prayers for me and my family are greatly appreciated.

In God's Loving Arms Always & Forever !!
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment