Monday, January 14, 2013

Anticipation....

Today Mom gets results of her latest Octreotide scan. She was told last month, after having a routine CAT scan, that there has been growth in the tumors on her liver. After nearly three years of stability, it appears the monthly injections she has been receiving are no longer maintaining stability of the cancer. She went for the Octreotide scan a little over 2 weeks ago, the results of which are far more accurate than the CAT scan. The images will tell how much growth there has been and next course of treatment can be determined...possibly chemotherapy or chemo-immobilization. The anticipation of hearing those results has really got me on an emotional roller coaster today. I pray that the growth is minimal, though I fear it has been significant. While I am frightened, I continue to be inspired by my Mom's extreme faith and strength she shows during these times. She never ceases to amaze me! I love you Mom! No matter what news we get today, we will continue to take it as it comes, one day at a time and within the hands of GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment